Introduction to Weld Flaws
A set of miniature welds, macro sections and photo-radiographs to demonstrate the principles of flaw detection, flaw interpretation and basic sizing.
- Introduction to weld flaws
- Demonstrate principles of flaw detection
- Demonstrate typical NDT flaw responses
- Demonstrate principles of flaw interpretation
- Basic flaw sizing
- 10 miniature flawed specimens
- Flaw location details
- Testing and acceptance criteria
- Photo-radiographs (where applicable) for each specimen
- 10 Macro sections
- Magnifying glass
- Certificate of conformance
UT, RT, MT, PT and VT methods plus a there is a demonstration kit which covers a little of each NDT method.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Kits are presented in a durable polypropylene case with high density black molded inserts.
For Level I training and qualification ie ASNT-TC-lA, PCN, EN473 and others