Castings and Forging Flaws
Sonaspection have developed these small and lightweight specimens which contain typical flaws found in cast and forged components.
The specimens are designed for practical training to provide experience in flaw detection, sizing and interpretation.
The specimens provide:
- Basic flaw detection and sizing
- Representative geometry's
- An awareness of reporting difficulties
Specimens to choose from:
Flange Blank, Ingot, Ingot Blank, Stud, Wasted Bolt, Tee Blank, 4 Spigot Blanks, Recessed Flange and Tapered Ingot Blank.
Sonaspection casting and forgings are available either individually or in sets.
Recommended set contains:
- 12 Individual specimens
- Average of 20 flaws
- Total weigh of 59Kg (130 lbs)
- Contain up to three flaws
- Unique - no two specimens are the same
- Are individually numbered and supplied with a drawing/NDE report, a testing and acceptance criteria and a certificate of conformance
Individual specimens or sets available in either MT, PT or UT
Customised specimens available on request